Friday, 18 January 2008

Anarchy Irony Hat

Well this is my first crochet project! After making a couple of test swatches, it seemed that the the 6.0mm hook recommended in the bookwould be too big as I couldn't get the gauge right. I have now changed down to a 5.0mm hook, but I must be crocheting tighter or something as it's now too small and won't reach the 22" circumference!

AAAAARGH!

Not sure whether to add a few more stitches to try and make it bigger (don't think I will), so will most likely frog it. But do I:
a) Start again with a 5.5.mm and try and crochet looser?
b) Start again with the 6.0mm and risk it being a little bit too big?

Decisions decisions!

Of course there is a third option - get Trev to shrink his head, but I don't think that's going to happen somehow!

No comments: