Monday, 30 June 2008

Frogged Cupcake :(

Well I've finally had enough of this! It had sat in hibernation for the last couple of weeks - and the more I think about it, the more worried I was about fit and whether it would look good on me.

Sooo, the whole thing, and the swatch has been frogged and rewound - along with Trev's help. I think it's fair to say that Trev enjoyed the frogging - he got to rip and got into quite a good rhythm!

I had got the whole of the back done (see below) but it just wasn't looking wide enough - despite the fact that I'm not THAT tubby :) I have a bust, but I also have a waist - so perhaps this straight up-straight down pattern isn't for me.

CIMG2648

However there are more things in the works! I may use the reclaimed Rowan Calmer to make the Hairpin Lace Cardi Wrap unless I can find another pattern worth saving it for. The Cardi Wrap could be done with some cheaper acrylic yarn, and is actually meant to use sport-weight, whilst the Calmer is double knit. So it may not be suitable.

But still - I have get over this desire to use the yarn just because it's in my stash! It's perfectly acceptable to have yarn happily sat in my basket.

Isn't it?

No comments: