Saturday, 7 June 2008

I've been bad...

I am going to be yet another person to use the word "temptress" about Robynn who runs Purlescence.

After my chat about Broomstick and Hairpin Lace the other day, Trev went hunting for a place I could buy a Hairpin Loom in the UK. He managed to find the Jenkins loom for me at Purlescence, along with some spare prongs in walnut. So not the purpleheart one I had my eye on, but it is still stunning - and in the UK right now!

Purlescence also stock Jenkins knitting needles, but not straights in the size I was after. However they do have beautiful straight needles by Lantern Moon. Being completely dumb when it comes to knitting needles, I didn't know whether the 15mm ones here would be suitable for my Hourglass Jacket pattern which called for a 15.75mm. After contacting Robynn on Ravelry, she assures me they'll be fine, so it was a case of deciding whether I want Ebony, Rosewood or Coconut Palm 14" needles. They also sell needles in a Blonde wood, but these weren't available in the right thickness.

I fell in love with the Ebony ones, despite them being more expensive - but I figure that I want to buy the nicest tools I can for everything I do - when possible. I'd like to be able to pass my tools down to a daughter if I ever have one, so that's another reason for wanting to buy "heirloom quality" tools.

Sooo today I purchased the following:

It's all set to ship on Monday, so Trev will be stalking the postman come Tuesday :)

I'm also in the process of setting up my wishlist for the store - so many tasty things that I want!

I've also been working on my Cupcake - almost got the back done - and with the addition of a few rows in a couple of places it seems to be coming out ok :)

Of course, it goes without saying that there will be heaps and heaps of pictures posted when everything arrives :)

No comments: