Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Eeek - I've attempted thread crochet!

I popped to John Lewis yesterday to buy some yarn for a friend - she's coming over on Friday and wants me to teach her to crochet. She's pregnant and so she wants to learn to make stuff herself - which is cool.

So whilst I was there I treated myself to some interesting looking pink size 10 crochet 10. (Very light, bright, Barbie pink!) I figured I deserved it after having to make my way down Oxford Street which is horrendous at lunchtimes, and it was only £1.95.

I've been wanting to try thread crochet for a while - after all I bought my little Hamanaka hooks and haven't had the chance to use them yet.

I wanted to try a thread project that wasn't a doily (not sure if I will ever make one of those!) and that I could actually make use of, and looked easy. So in the end I plumped for this Fan Bookmark by Crochetroo.

I started it last night, and worked on it during my commute today, and finished it off when I got home. I got a bit into it, and as I was working without the pattern on the train, ended up doing 10 fans instead of 8 - but I think it looks better with 10!

No piccies as yet because it was too dark by the time I finished, so I'll take some tomorrow or at the weekend. In total it probably took a couple of hours which is quite speedy I think. Just need to find a way to starch it, and I'm all set! Can see me knocking up a few of these are gifts.

1 comment:

thepiratehooker said...

I recently queued that pattern! I've got loads of thread yarn leftover from my weaving stint (Built my own lap Inkle Loom)

I thought the pattern was very pretty.

How did you like working with the thread?