Sunday, 14 December 2008

What a day...

Well yesterday was a bit of a strange day. Trev has been struck down with "man-flu" for the last few days and so went to bed early on Friday night and slept through most of yesterday.

I had a rude awakening by the postman, who arrived bearing my new Knitpicks Interchangeables (yay!) but most of the rest of the day was spent nursing a very poorly hubby. So as a result I didn't get much knitting done, and haven't yet swatched for my CPH, which I was a bit nervous to do anyway as my new needles looked so dainty and delicate and I was worried about breaking them.

Anyway. Later in the evening, Trev collapsed whilst standing up, and once I got him sat down on the sofa, promptly fainted and was out for about 2-3 minutes - scaring the crap out of me because I couldn't wake him up. I called NHS Direct, who after talking to a nurse, decided to send an ambulance round.

So, somewhere between 11pm and midnight, we had a paramedic turn up, shortly followed by a 2-man ambulance crew, just in case we needed to take him to hospital. He'd been running a really high fever - he'd been burning up all day, with chest pain, and a severe headache.

The 3 men promptly started debating whether or not it was man-flu and whether they should shave Trev in order to attach the little sticky pads to him to do an ECG. After a lot of careful monitoring, they decided not to take him in, but I was left with strict instructions to call 999 in the morning if he wasn't better.

A lot of paracetamol, water and bedrest later, he seems much better, which is great. The 3 blokes did a really good job - I feel bad that they work 12 hours shifts (6pm-6am in this case) and after leaving us said they'd probably be off rounding up drunks all evening. Can't be a fun job. But I am extremely grateful for them coming round and taking good care of the mister.

So as I mentioned above, I had a little play with my Knitpicks yesterday, but not much. I'd ordered the little cable needles to go with them, which look super cute:

CIMG3199

I was really worried about starting to use them for something chunky as they do look so dainty and delicate and the last thing I wanted to do was break them. So instead of starting to swatch for my CPH, I've decided to attempt something smaller, still for me, and try out Magic Looping at the same time. I've started a pair of Evangeline Fingerless gloves for myself in the Rooster Almerino Aran. Not made much progress on them yet, but hopefully will do today.

CIMG3214

Here are some glamour shots of the needles:

CIMG3216

CIMG3205

CIMG3206

No comments: