Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Mojo gone

Just a quick post from me while I snuggle with the kitty - she's just come back from the vets after having a tooth out.

Not much to report at the moment - my crafting mojo seems to have gone entirely. After finishing the first of my Fiddlehead Mittens, the will to knit or spin has just completely gone. I'm meant to be testing a sock pattern for someone and I've not been able to get 3 rows past the cuff. Just don't know what it is.

I've cast on for a Ripley hat tonight, for Trev as I bought Whimsical Knits 2 by Ysolda Teague (also bought the first volume which came in the post today! Woo!) as it's quite simple and will hopefully help me get back in the swing of things.

I guess I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the knitting and stuff I want to do. Work is also quite stressful at the moment - and combined with the 4 hour commute every day, just leaves me exhausted. I've also had a lot of family crap to deal with - which dragged on for over a week and I'm still dealing with the aftermath of having some very nasty things dredged up that I didn't want to think about ever again - yet in the name of trying to assuage other people's guilt and make them feel better I have to do - despite being quite happy to never see most of my family again.

Plus I don't feel too well at the moment - so I guess it's all compounded into this horrible pity-party of a post. I just need to get away somewhere quiet and just be left alone with only Trev and Kooky for company.

Going to go eat some chocolate, watch some Project Runway and see if I can figure out how to move past the band on this hat.

No comments: